In a Nutshell
- No W-2, minimum credit score, or interest
- Cash out quickly
- Available in all 50 states
- For homeowners with at least 50% equity
- Closing costs and appraisal fees
EasyKnock at a Glance
|Suitable For||Homeowners who own more than 50% of their homes|
|Lender or Marketplace||Lender|
|Mortgage Types||Conventional, FHA, VA|
|Minimum Credit Score||None|
|Fees||2.5% processing fee; $3,000 + 1% closing fee|
EasyKnock is not a traditional lender, but a sales-leaseback company. The company allows you to cash out on your home while still having a claim to it. Using EasyKnock will make you a tenant who pays rent on your home instead of the owner, and you will be able to use the cash to pay off debt or fund other financial goals.
EasyKnock’s Sell & Stay programs offer individuals an alternative to home equity loans or reverse mortgages. Their programs allow homeowners to get the cash they need for major purchases without losing a claim to their home or having to move out immediately after receiving funds.
The MoveAbility program is designated for those who need more cash upfront to help them buy their next home. Additionally, the ReLease program is desirable for individuals that do not want the burdens that come with owning a home but would still like to remain in their home.
Types of Loans/Products
EasyKnock offers 3 personalized programs:
- Sell & Stay: Under this program, EasyKnock buys your home and you receive the value. You then remain in your home and pay rent. Depending on your state, you can buy back your home or move at any time.
- MoveAbility: If you are looking to get the most out of your move, this program was designed to give you the cash and time you need to find your next dream home. No repurchase option available.
- ReLease: This is the newest program from EasyKnock. Under ReLease, homeowners can sell their home and remain a tenant for as long as desired. There is no repurchase option under this program.
The Application Process
The application process is designed to be quick and easy. Here are the steps you can expect:
- Fill out the short online form
- EasyKnock will contact you by phone to discuss your individual needs.
- A specialist tells you the estimated amount of money you will receive, your option value, your monthly rent, and any other transaction details. At this time you can review the contract and choose whether or not to move forward.
Once you agree on the terms of the contract, you will sign the purchase agreement and EasyKnock will do an appraisal of the home, an inspection of the property and a background check. If these items check out, you will then do the following:
- Sign closing documents and lease with a notary
- Funds are wired to your account as soon as the title company verifies the sale
- Continue renting your home or move
Rates and Fees– The Bare Basics
Once EasyKnock approves your home purchase, you will be liable for a few different costs:
- Closing costs of $3,000 + 1% of the home’s appraised value.
- Processing fee of 2.5% of the home’s appraised value
- Renting fees will be approximately 00.75% of the purchased price
For most homeowners that opt for the Sell & Stay program, you will have the option to buy back your home for the amount EasyKnock funded you plus 5% during the first year. After the first year, the price will increase either by the consumer price index or 2.5% of the funding amount, whichever is greater.
The MoveAbility and ReLease programs do not allow homeowners to repurchase their home. All programs give homeowners the option to revert to a tenant, which means they will pay market-value rent on the home until they move or buy back the home.
Help & Support
The EasyKnock team is accessible through phone, email and Facebook for support.
Phone: (844) 888-9213; (929) 249-2849
EasyKnock is not for every homeowner, but it is a unique alternative for homeowners who need to access the equity of their home. For those that want to enjoy their home without the hassle of homeownership, EasyKnock might work for you. Keep in mind that if you are looking to move, selling your home through a real estate agent will result in less fees and more profit than using EasyKnock, though you will not be able to stay in your home after the sale.
How is EasyKnock different from loan companies or iBuyers?
The main way EasyKnock is different is that it does not offer a one-off transaction. Through a sale-leaseback program, EasyKnock works with homeowners’ personal goals and provides 100% of the home’s value.
Also, unlike other fractional ownership programs, EasyKnock’s Sell & Stay contract allows select customers the right to repurchase their home at any time during the lease term. Customers also reserve the right to move at any time. However, there is no guarantee of an appreciation of value.
What is a residential sale-leaseback?
Simply put, a residential sale-leaseback is a contract that allows the homeowner to sell their home to an individual or company and lease it back.
How much cash can I receive?
How much cash you receive depends on the program you enroll in.
- Sell & Stay applicants receive up to 70% of the home’s value upfront
- MoveAbility applicants receive up to 80% of the home’s value upfront
- ReLease applicants receive the full market value upfront
What if I can’t afford rent payments?
EasyKnock tries to create a solution to help individuals get back on track. However, since EasyKnock now owns the home, violating the tenant/rental agreement could result in needing to move out.
EasyKnock has two main locations:
1213 West Morehead Street
Charlotte, NC 28208
New York Office
215 Park Ave South, Suite 1713
New York, NY 10003