In a Nutshell
- outstanding range of financing alternatives for borrowers
- highly competitive loan terms for the industry
- There’s no FAQ section included
- The company does not have a contact page
eLEND at a Glance
|Loan types||Purchase, Refinance|
|Repayment Terms||Fixed terms of 10, 15, 20, and 30 years|
|Suitable for:||Customers looking for a reliable home financing solution|
eLEND is a part of finance services giant American Financial Resources Inc. AFR is based in New Jersey, and was founded in 1997 to provide a different path from existing institutional lenders for aspiring homeowners. The company is focused on offering low-cost and effective financing solutions for customers looking to purchase a new home or even simply refinance their existing mortgage. eLEND utilizes cutting-edge technological platforms and educational tools to help customers find the exact home loan or refinancing alternative they are seeking. Today, eLEND offers a variety of web-based and mobile services designed to help customers match their impending home purchase with the right financing.
With an easy-to-use interface and a variety of educational resources, eLEND is an excellent alternative for first time buyers and customers looking to purchase new homes. The company offers an excellent educational platform which includes a variety of loan calculators, tutorials, glossaries, and articles that offer exceptional insights into the mortgage application process and home purchases in general. Additionally, the company’s loan applications are straightforward and will guide customers through every step of the process in a detailed manner. While it offers a variety of home purchase and refinancing loans, the company’s main efforts are directed towards new customers looking to complete a first-time home purchase. Overall, eLEND presents an ideal solution for new customers eager to learn about mortgages and find a trusted partner to help them through the application and approval process.
There are several excellent characteristics that make eLEND an ideal mortgage provider. One of the very first aspects to stand out when visiting the company’s website is their dedication to education. eLEND hosts everything from a basic checklist for mortgage and house shopping to an in-depth look into how mortgages work along with tips for customers. Moreover, eLEND’s excellent loan calculators are a perfect way for borrowers to understand the long-term impact of their mortgages and determine how much they can feasibly pay. The company also offers a wide range of different financing solutions in addition to the traditional fixed rate and adjustable rate mortgages. eLEND assists customers with accessing funding from federal financing programs such as FHA and USDA loans and is more than capable of working with military veterans. eLEND also originates its own loans, meaning the company handles customers every step of the way through repayment without selling their mortgage portfolio to the highest bidder.
Some eLEND highlights:
- Wide variety of home loan alternatives
- An excellent array of educational resources
- Discover the true impact of a mortgage with excellent loan calculators
- Gain access to federal funding programs such as FHA, USDA, and VA loans
- Choose from fixed or adjustable rate mortgages
- A great selection of loan terms available
- eLEND originates its own loans through AFR
- Outstanding customer support
The Application Process
One of the impressive aspects of eLEND its application process. Customers who register on the company’s website can start their application instantly upon visiting eLEND’s home page. The application itself is divided into several sections, each pertaining to different information required to complete the pre-qualification and approval process. In addition to this efficient process, eLEND includes several checklists that contain all the documentation and steps required to go from application to signing a mortgage agreement. The company requests that customers have the following documentation on hand during the application process:
- Copy of a driver’s license
- Identification such as Social Security or passport
- Most recent two pay stubs, or those representing one full month of income (or tax returns for previous two years for self-employed individuals)
- Form W-2 for 2 years
- Purchase contract signed by buyer and seller
- Most recent bank statement from account where closing funds are located (if applicable)
Furthermore, customers can sign up for eLEND’s e-approval, a pre-qualification service that allows for mortgage approval before starting the property search, giving borrowers added leverage in negotiations.
Loan Terms – The Bare Basics
eLEND stands out from its mortgage underwriting competitors thanks to the variety of home loans and refinancing solutions available. The company offers a terrific variety of loan terms that make them a flexible and accessible option for a vast range of borrowers. eLEND provides traditional mortgage services in the form of fixed rate and adjustable rate loans, which include several different repayment terms that are negotiated specifically for each customer. The company’s fixed and adjustable rate mortgages can be used for a bevy of different properties. For customers looking for first or new homes, eLEND extends loans while providing excellent educational resources and assistance along the way.
The company also provides financing for customers looking to purchase mobile or modular homes, maintaining only slightly different qualification requirements to do so. Other mortgage services provided by eLEND include loans for second homes and vacation homes, as well as investment properties. For those borrowers looking to purchase larger properties, eLEND can extend jumbo loans, which are specifically underwritten to cover loan amounts that fall outside the conforming limits of traditional mortgages.
In addition to its standard mortgage offerings, eLEND also works with customers to give them access to several federally-backed financing programs. These include:
- Federal Housing Administration loans, which are an excellent solution for first time home buyers seeking low down-payment options for mortgages and financing. These loans allow down payments as low as 3.50% and can also be used for renovation and repair purposes. The FHA offers a variety of programs, including some specialty ones which cover mobile and prefabricated homes.
- USDA loans, which are backed by the US Department of Agriculture and designed for customers that live in rural areas of the country. This is an ideal service for those customers looking to purchase homes and grow communities in underserved and underdeveloped areas. These loans include very favorable terms and rates, as well as “no money down” financing in certain cases.
- VA Loans, created to serve active duty and retired military members. These financing options offer 100.00% financing, and provide customers with favorable rates and terms, as well as an easier path to approval for veterans.
Thanks to its backing from American Financial Resources, eLEND can offer customers an excellent array of loan repayment options for both its fixed rate and adjustable rate alternatives. Fixed rate mortgages can be repaid in terms of 10, 15, 20, or 30 years.
How Safe is It?
eLEND takes a transparent approach to its data collection and security practices. The company does collect customer data, but mainly keeps that information which helps operate its website efficiently. The company only collects personally identifiable information in cases where customers must provide it, such as a request for contact or an application. In other cases, the company only collects that data which is required to improve their services. To safeguard this data, customer information is stored on secure servers that employ industry standard safety measures such as encryption, redundancies, and both physical and electronic protections.
Help & Support
eLEND offers customers a toll-free number for general inquiries, as well as a specific number for customers looking for quotes and consultations regarding their mortgage applications. For customers who need a more immediate alternative, they can access a live chat service directly from the company’s website. Overall, we found that eLEND’s service representatives were well-trained and had extensive knowledge in their industry. Wait times were minimal across all platforms and all our questions were answered proficiently and promptly. In addition, eLEND’s educational resource center covers a variety of topics related to mortgages, home ownership, and personal finances.
So, Should You Borrow with eLend?
eLEND’s flexibility as a mortgage lender is impressive. The company offers mortgage solutions for a wide demographic, including veterans, borrowers in underdeveloped areas, and first time homeowners. With excellent loan terms and competitive interest rates, the company has positioned itself as one of the premier mortgage providers in the industry. Overall, eLEND is committed to providing education and has a hands-on approach towards serving customers through the process, from pre-approval to signing on their dream home. eLEND is an ideal service for customers looking to go through the process of home-buying for the first time.
7 Entin Road, Suite 202