In a Nutshell
- Close in as quickly as 15 days
- Zero lender fees
- As low as 3% down payment on conventional loans
- No home equity loans
- Currently available in only 29 states (plus DC)
Network Capital Funding Corporation at a Glance
Loan types: Purchase, Refinance
Featured Loans: Conventional, VA, FHA, Harp 2.0
Repayment terms: 15-30 years
Minimum Down Payment: 0-3%
Minimum Credit Score: 600
Best for: Millennials looking to get maximum assistance and quick loan approval
Network Capital Funding is one of a new breed of fintech mortgage lenders making life easier for borrowers. It uses technology to automate much of the assessment process, enabling it to eliminate lender fees and get your mortgage closed quickly. It also offers added value in the form of quality loan advice from expert agents based in your area. When you use Network Capital, you don’t just get access to a wide range of purchase and refinance mortgage options. You also get access to the tools and assistance to ensure you succeed, including useful mortgage calculators and hands-on assistance with uploading all the right documentation.
Network Capital Funding Corporation accepts applicants of all types, but by its own admission is focused most heavily on serving the needs of millennials—people born between 1980 and 1996. How does it do this? Through a streamlined mortgage assessment process that involves maximum assistance, minimum fees, and the chance to get approved in as little as 15 days.
Types of Loans/Products
We’ve already talked about Network Capital’s hi-tech mortgage assessment process, so now it’s time to discuss some of the other great features. Network Capital offers a solid range of mortgage products—with the option of purchasing or refinancing with a conventional, FHA, VA, or HARP 2.0 loan. In addition to originating mortgages, it also offers a lot of hands-on assistance with getting you informed and approved.
Here are the highlights:
- Apply online, backed by phone support from an expert agent in your local area.
- Close in as quick as 15 days—which is close to an industry-best.
- Conventional loan with as low as 5% down payment, reduced to 3% for participants in Freddie Mac HomePossible or Fannie Mae HomeReady programs (which Network Capital can help you get approved for).
- Free, no-obligation consultation with an expert agent to help guide you in the right direction. Includes a quote that clearly and transparently outlines the estimated numbers for your mortgage.
- Free calculators to help you work out your monthly payment and debt-to-income ratio and understand how much you can afford to pay on your house.
- The Mortgage Radio Show, a regular mortgage podcast that informs prospective borrowers about the mortgage process.
The Application Process
According to Network Capital, the application process involves 5 steps.
- Conversation. Initial phone call in which an expert agent asks you about your goals and expectations. The call takes around 8 minutes. Within around 2 hours, your mortgage agent will put together a no-commitment proposal outlining what Network Capital can offer you.
- Documents. Online application process that involves uploading your documents by fax, email, or Dropbox. Your agent will help you where necessary.
- Approval. Once all the correct documentation has been uploaded, Network Capital’s underwriting team will get to work to approve you within 48 hours.
- Finalization. The final closing agreement will be sent to you for review and a time will be agreed for an agent to come to you and sign all the documents.
- Closing. According to Network Capital, it can close your loan in as little as 15 days—much quicker than the industry average.
Key Figures: APRs, Loan Amounts & Repayment Terms
One of the most impressive things about Network Capital is that it’s transparent when it comes to key figures like rates and fees. On the Network Capital website, you can find a page with the latest rates. We’re pleased to say the APRs are very competitive.
Here are the key numbers (correct at time of writing):
Help & Support
Network Capital operates online and over the phone. The process begins with a roughly 8-minute long phone call with an agent. This might sound like a hassle, but it’s the secret sauce to helping get you the best deal. To go straight to an agent, call 800-300-0018 during extended business hours or use the call button on the Network Capital home page (you’ll see it pop up) to schedule a call.
If speed and convenience are what you value most in a mortgage lender, then it’s worth checking out Network Capital. That’s because Network Capital is able to close your mortgage in as little as 15 days—much quicker than traditional bank lenders. Network Capital also doesn’t charge any lender fees and it is very competitive when it comes to rates—making it a solid option for your next mortgage.
Where does Network Capital operate?
Network Capital is licensed to do business in 29 states plus DC. The states are: AL, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MD, MI, MN, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, and WI.
How long has Network Capital existed?
Surprisingly for a hi-tech lender, Network Capital has been around since 2002. It has moved with the times and today presents a streamlined application process aimed mainly at Millennials.
What is The Mortgage Radio Show?
MortgageRadio is hosted by mortgage experts Sean Meador and Teresa Strasser and sponsored by Network Capital. It plays live on various radio stations across the country on Saturday afternoons. To see broadcast times, check out TheMortgageRadio.com.
What do customers say about Network Capital?
Customers have given this lender a 4.7-star rating on Trustpilot, with the majority of people praising the speed and professionalism of the service.
Network Capital Funding Corporation
7700 Irvine Center Drive, #300
Irvine, CA 92618